Head of Delivery
At Smart Spaces®
We are an award-winning industry leading Prop Tech company, developing pioneering tech platforms for building management systems control and communication. We are a rapidly growing, successful scale-up, and we are looking for talented and highly motivated individuals who are ready to help us take it to the next level.
The Head of Delivery will oversee all mobile app projects being delivered throughout the organisation, lead our team of Project Managers and act as a point of escalation on projects, as required.
The role will be responsible for project governance, working alongside the leadership team to ensure the delivery of high quality products and services through streamlined processes, effective use of talent and identifying improvements and cost efficiencies.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong commitment to supporting and helping drive the growth of the company with a focus on establishing goals, motivating the team to achieve these, and embedding a collaborative culture.
Role Requirements (Essential):
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including a demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks and handle time-sensitive requests.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to influence and interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to diagnose problems, make quick well-informed decisions, with foresight into potential issues.
- Customer relationship management.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to apply strategic solutions.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to direct and motivate a team.
Role Requirements (Desirable):
- A good understanding of budgeting issues.
- Experience with business negotiation.
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organisational vision and operational strategy (e.g., scalability, efficiency, profitability and consistency of processes).
- Line manage project management team, providing advice and coaching to other line managers where required to help embed new processes.
- Compile high-level overviews of company projects and deadlines for leadership review.
- Challenge the status quo and work with the leadership and project managers to set actionable short and long-term goals to improve processes and efficiency of the project teams.
- Ensure goals are on-target throughout the year and identify patterns to project delays, devising potential solutions to reduce/eliminate these.
- Establish clear project processes and templates for the Project Team.
- Organise quarterly leadership meetings to review, track and re-establish objectives and budget reviews.
- Liaise with the Head of Customer Success to ensure that products remain of high quality and customer expectations are consistently met.
- Review resource maps and identify resource requirements and talent gaps.
- Lead daily team meeting when required.
- Communicate the company’s operating policies and ensure that compliance remains high.
- Ensure the company remains compliant with external laws and regulations (such as ISO accreditations).
- Identify where the code of behaviour is not being met and work with HR to establish processes to improve consistency of performance.
We believe it’s our strong commitment to our values that sets us apart and defines who we are. They are at the heart of everything we do, whether it’s our commitment to our clients or each other, and we welcome candidates that share this ethos.
- We care and are conscientious.
- We are personable and respectful.
- We are passionate and enthusiastic.
If you share in our values and feel you can contribute towards making our company the best it can be, then join us and help build the future of greener, smarter, and more connected workspaces.
- Project Management: 5 years (preferred)
- This role requires the candidate to work four days a week in our London office with an optional one day working from home. The candidate will be required to attend the office five days a week on occasions when business need dictates.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Quarterly Socials
- Private medical insurance
- Training & education
- Optical care
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Enhanced holiday allowance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Interested in a career at Smart Spaces and would like to apply?
Please click apply and supply us with a PDF of your CV and cover letter.